Half Baked

20 Weeks

How far along: 20 Weeks. There has been some discrepancy with the baby's measurements (based off the last ultrasound) and my last missed cycle. The measurements are showing the baby a week and half behind. However, I am sticking with my gut and saying I am half baked, baby!
Gender: Boy, oh, Boy!
Weight gain: Surprisingly, I weighed in right at 126. That is a total gain of seven pounds!
Maternity clothes: My favorite Gap jeans are starting to leave indentions around my waste. I think it's time to invest in the belly band. However, my J.Crew leggings and long sleeve cotton t's are still my go to "maternity" items.
Stretch marks: Nope.
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: I have been sleeping great, but definitely having extremely weird dreams. The last one I remember was Baby A was born with no brains, but everyone kept saying he would grow them and that it was completely normal. Whatttttt?!
Best moment this week: Our gender reveal was awesome! That entire day was so special. Prior to getting pregnant I prayed that God would give me a friend nearby to go through this pregnancy with. He answered. One of my dearest friends from church, Jada, unexpectedly got pregnant right around the same time. (You are welcome for my prayer!) She was able to go the anatomy ultrasound with me due to Brian's work schedule. It was such a special moment to share and she along with my friend, Katie, did an amazing job on our gender reveal party. (I will do a full post on the reveal once I organize the photos!) Also, I got to visit one my best friends, Morgan. She SPOILED baby boy rotten. It was so great catching up and spending time together.
Worst moment this week: This weather has got to stop. 20 degrees and below does not do this Charleston girl any favors. Plus I feel more like casper everyday. I need some color back to my translucent skin!
Miss anything: My jeans fitting.
Movement: Very little. The tech did tell us that my placenta is right between the baby and my stomach and that was why I am not feeling any movement. As the placenta adjusts I should begin to feel more in the next month.
Cravings: Still loving anything fresh and juicy. Kiwi, strawberries, cucumbers are making be crave for summer!
Queasy or sick: Nope
Looking forward to: Working on a few nursery projects and buying lots and lots of navy and grey baby clothes! Also, my best friend, Martha is having her shower this upcoming weekend and I cannot wait to spoil her little boy!


1 comment

  1. Randy, thanks for the update. LOL about the part about the brains missing. I hope and pray that you and the baby stay healthy.
    Love, Uncle Steven

    ReplyDelete