Christmas Joy

Merry Christmas (+1 day) from our family to yours! It was a crazy day, but would I really have it any other way? We spent most of the week down in Charleston since Brian was still working. However, when we found out he had gotten Christmas day and the whole weekend after off we made plans to come back that day! It truly was a Christmas miracle.


My family celebrated Christmas on the 24th. We did it up right with a Christmas breakfast complete with reindeer pancakes and bacon.  Why can't every meal be in the shape of something festive? Brady was able to open all 231449385 of his presents. His big gift was the Radio Flyer trike. Between that and his latest haircut I officially have a big boy on my hands. 









We woke up pretty early on Christmas morning and raced home to arrive in time for gifts and breakfast with Brian. I didn't take a ton of pictures the morning. I was so wiped from the week. Instead I grabbed a cup of coffee and a piece of Christmas cake and simply watched Brady (and Brian) enjoy their new toys. 




After cleaning up and doing some baking we headed over to Brian's parents for a quiet dinner. There is something to be said for silent nights. I love when the whole family is together, but I find I enjoy the peace just as much. But not for too long. That night we hosted a dessert and white elephant party with some of our very best friends. The kids played hard and boy did everyone sleep well that night! 







I will be spending the rest of the weekend goal setting for our family and my music business. We have already decided on our word of focus for the year 2016. Quiet time and reflection is just what this mama needs as we head into what can only be expected as another busy year! HAPPY HOLIDAYS! 





No comments