Happy New Year!




It feels like it's been awhile, but that's probably just me recovering the holidays. I have spent a lot of time reflecting over the last year and setting my focus on what's to come for 2016. So when Brian told me he was going in for his five year evaluation at work I had to stop and think, "Has it already been five years since we moved to Charlotte?" Holy. Cow. That flew!


Five years ago we were broke and jobless and mostly living off love and McDonalds (we still do some nights.) Oh, how far we have come in five short years. It reminded me that seasons are short and that the old saying "this too shall pass" speaks volumes. But back to 2015. This time last year we were newish parents and were worrying ourselves sick that baby boy wasn't hitting milestones and wasn't growing adequately. We went through series of tests and doctors and finally got into a groove of PT and neurology visits. I didn't think we were ever going to come out on the other side. Our long terms goals included sitting up, standing unassisted and walking. Once Brady was walking we would finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.




Well summer came and then fall. Not much progress in the standing/walking department.  We were tired and worn down. I just needed to be more available to my family. That's when we finally made the HUGE decision that I would quite teaching and start my own business. We prayed and made the decision to do it and wouldn't you know it; God dropped SIXTEEN new students in my lap. It has been an adjustment, but such a sweet, sweet one. There has been so many situations that could have brought strife that God has just surrounded us with grace. I have been so blessed to only work two and half days a week and I have gained the most amazing families as clients.

We have felt so at peace and so content over the last few months. The second the stress melted away Brady seemed to just flourish. And just a couple of weeks before Christmas he did the one thing we have been waiting for the last few months. He took his very few steps! Can you believe I caught it on video?! (Consistency paid off since I have about a million 'baby fail' outtakes before capturing this one.)


This precious little video makes me tear up every single time. It is so symbolic of not only hitting a major milestone, but more so a lesson on what hard work and persistency can do. Seasons in our lives can be tricky and messy all too often.  But when we put our faith in something great amazing things will happen. I never would have thought my son's first steps would have taught me such an important life lesson. 

As we begin a new year my resolution is to focus on my own growth. Growth not only in my business and in my relationships, but mostly in my faith and personal testimony. I want those around me to see someone that is persistent and hardworking. I want Brady to see me as the mom that never gave up. So as we begin a whole new year of introducing Brady to new foods, words, and behaviors  we know that there is going to be so much more he teaches us about ourselves. And to that I think we can all say "Salud!"

Happy 2016! 





No comments