My First Mother's Day


Dear Brady,

I am already so blessed by your life.  You have taught me so much and I couldn't be more proud to be called your mom.  I can't wait to see all of the milestones you hit in your life.  I have so many dreams for you and I know that God will have a hand in whatever it is you choose to do. 

Your daddy has been working extra hard trying to get the house ready for your big debut. We have been remodeling your soon-to-be play room and working a ton so that we can spend lots and lots of time with you once you come home. Despite all of the work we have been doing your daddy still found time to spoil me for my very first Mother's Day.  However, it didn't come without its own very unique mishap. 

Last Wednesday was going to be a very long day for both of us.  I was stuck in a few meetings after work and daddy was going to be working until 6 as normal.  We asked our friend, Mrs. Austyn, to come by and let the pups out that afternoon. She texted me later that day and said that she hoped there was nothing too valuable in the chewed up Tiffany's box.  I responded that it was no big deal.  Daddy had gotten me Tiffany's for my birthday and the empty boxes were sitting in my closet.  One of the dogs had probably just gotten in a mood and tore it up. 

After not giving it a second thought daddy got home and I was telling him about my day and what Mrs. Austyn had said about the Tiffany's box.  He got extremely worried and asked if I was sure it was the one from my birthday.  After double checking we quickly realized it wasn't.  Panic mode set in.  Daddy got really upset and proceeded to tell me that this Tiffany's box had been my mother's day gift!! OH, NO! 

I felt so bad for him! He had been working so hard at his job and repairing the house.  He was trying to do something extra special for me, but it sadly had backfired.  We quickly realized that they had chewed the box, but one of them had ate the leather pouch that held my present.  What other choice did we have but to wait for it to.... well... surface. 

Sure enough a few trips outside later we found the pouch and part of my present, which I later found out was pearl earrings. One of the earrings was found on the floor, the other  part is still a mystery. Because the pearl had broken off one of the earrings in all the madness we may be turning my present into a necklace.  Needless to say my first mother's day has been very interesting. It is one for the books and I am sure we will be laughing about it by the next mother's day.  

At the end of the day no matter what gifts I do or do not receive (or how I receive them), they will never replace the love I have for you and your dad.  You are my family and though I haven't met you yet I can already tell that you share so many of your daddy's wonderful traits.  Only a few more weeks until I get to finally put my mother skills into play! I couldn't be more excited! 

Love you to the moon and back,

Mama

1 comment

  1. I absolutely love this story!! What a great memory!

    ReplyDelete