29 Weeks, Pringles, & Hormones

29 Weeks

It sure has been a whirlwind in the Anderson household.  Between sharing a car, tiling our sunroom floor, and finding a major dry-rot surprise in one of the walls we have been trying to catch our breath all week. (I mean this just as much physically, as I do metaphorically.)  Through it all I am amazed at how calm and at peace we have felt with each big decision we have made.  I see God in so many aspects of our marriage as each trial leads us closer to Him.

However, hormones are still real no matter how calm and collected your disposition may be. To prove my point I have one story from this week that makes me laugh when I look back on it. Through all of the craziness in that last two weeks I have felt very confident in my ability to handle the day-to-day stress of my job as a 5th grade teacher.   If you have ever worked with kids you know that there can be those days where you just want to go home and drink.  I have had those days this year as I am sure I will every year.  Yet, I love what I do and who I do it with: the kids, my coworkers, my administrators. It is a great calling and I am thankful to be a part of it. 

On this particular day we (my kids and I) had had a GREAT day.  They were rocking out their work and I felt like my A game was on. It was towards the end of the day and it was time for self-selected reading.  This is a time where I conference with small groups while the remainder of the class finds a comfy area to read and enjoy their snack.  I was feeling good as the kids broke for their spots and then it happened. One of my boys grabbed his snack pack of Pringles and placed the entirety of the contents in his hand.  It was at this moment that his reading buddy thought it was a wonderful idea to clap his hands together and throw all of the cracked and crumbled Pringles into the air. In that very instant my energized, cheerful mood switched like a spark.  I felt rage start from my toes and rise all the way to the tip of my scalp.  Never in my life have I felt such a change of mood so quickly.  Both boys were giggling as it happened and then they saw my face.  Their faces changed just as quickly as my mood when their eyes met mine.

Thankfully my mentor, Diane, walked in and could tell something was up.  She told me to take a walk for a couple of minutes while she watched my class.  I was met in the hallway by our school nanny. (She is literally a nanny/volunteer. She cares for us by bestowing wisdom and spoiling the fifth grade team rotten.) If you don't have a work nanny you should really invest in one! She calmed me down instantly and I was able to return to our classroom.  I am pretty sure if the two of them hadn't intersected in that moment I would have done something drastic.... like take snack away for the rest of the year! Who knows what I was capable of in that moment. 

This situation taught me three things: 1. Pregnant women should not be held accountable for anything they say or do in a moment of hormonal rage, 2. Every pregnant woman should have a support system to care for them in these moments and 3. One Pringle is made up of a million small, annoying crumbs that you will never completely be able to clean up. (Note: I am still finding them throughout my classroom... ugh.) 

Now on to this week's stats.

How far along: 29 Weeks
Gender: Boy
Weight gain: I weighed in at 132 at this week's apt. My total weight gain has been 13 pounds.
Maternity clothes: My co-workers told me it was time to buy real maternity pants. My pre-pregnancy pants no longer zip like they did in prior weeks. This makes them saggy in the butt and thighs but tight in the waste. Not a good look. So... I bought some skinny jeans from Blushmaternity.com. We will see in the girls approve once they come in.
Stretch marks: Nope.
Belly button in or out: Still in.
Sleep: This is where I feel the most pregnant. I am struggling to get comfortable still. I have a body pillow I have never used from our guest room that I am going to try this week. We will see how that goes.
Best moment this week: So many great things! I passed my glucose test and finally got my hair done did! Also, we had a Macy's gift card left over from Christmas that I found. This allowed me to get the Jack Rogers (or as Brian calls them "Jolly Ranchers") sandals I have been drooling over.
Worst moment this week: We have been told that our car is STILL NOT ready after two and half weeks in the shop. We are beyond ready to have our car back.
Miss anything: Nothing comes to mind.
Movement: YES! Brady likes to post up in my right rib cage. I will push him downwards. He will then proceed to kick me in the lower stomach and float back up to my ribs. Brian thinks he is propelling himself back up when he kicks.
Cravings: Avocados. YUM! Oh, and ice coffee but with limitations, of course.
Queasy or sick: Nope
Looking forward to: Having our sunroom (old dining room) tiled and new windows (due to the dry rot around the old ones) put in! I am can't wait to start decorating that space.


No comments