2 Weeks of Baby Sister



4 Days Old
1 Week


2 Weeks
Having a baby is so much like one of those grab bags from the toy store. You are so excited to get one, but you just never know what you are going to get once it's purchased! Once you have had an "easy" baby like we did with Brady I think it's only natural to compare and even be a little fearful of what a new addition is going to bring into the mix. 

We are most definitely blessed with Blake! She has nursed like a pro from day one and is such a content, happy snuggler. If the last two weeks are any indication of her babyhood I think I may just be convinced to have a bazillion more babies... HA! Not really. (Mama likes her wine and sleep.) 


We are slowly getting to know this little girl and have discovered her many likes and dislikes the last few weeks.

Likes:
MILK and LOTS of it
Snuggling on anyone's shoulder
Watching the ceiling fan
She loves having her hands by her face
Bath Time (or at least the 2 she has had)

Dislikes:
Moving positions
Diaper Changes

We won't be weighed again until 1 month, but we are pretty sure she is back up to her birth weight if not above it. She is still wearing newborn clothes and diapers, but I feel pretty confident we will be moving up in sizes in the next week or two! 

Brady has done EXCELLENT with her coming home. This picture was scary and sweet all at the same time. I had put the kids in my bed to watch a show so I could brush my teeth and maybe get some make-up on my face. I came out of my bathroom a few minutes later and Brady had literally moved Blakely from her lounger to this position. OH MY GOSH! was all I could think. "Hey buddy whatcha doing?" He responded by saying "Holding baby sister because Mama left." MOM OF THE YEAR right here. It took a few minutes but he finally gave her back once he could trust me again I guess. 


We are loving are family time of FOUR and have even been on two day trips out of town so far. This up coming week will be Blakely's first time at the beach and we can hardly wait. There is nothing like a newborn in a bathing suit, right?!



    



No comments