Brady's Nursery

Photo Credit: Kristin Dustman Photography

This room has been one of the most enjoyable ventures we have had in our house.  As mentioned in the  nursery preview many of our home projects consist of labor intensive to-do lists. But, with Brady's room it has been so easy. We have had very little work other than moving furniture and hanging decor.

I had a ton of ideas swarming in my head. Being that we live close to the lake I thought about doing a sailboat theme.  I also loved the idea of keeping a more vintage look.  After looking thru my pinterest board I decided I didn't want to have a set in stone theme.  Rather I want to have a more eclectic mix of precious boy items. 

I started with a collage of pictures above the crib.  I thought I had them just how I wanted in the preview post, but then my sweet friend, Elizabeth, made the most adorable tux picture. (You can see it at the top righthand corner of the bottom picture.) I just had to add it in, along with the anthropology inspired "B" to balance the set out. 



Photo Credits: Kristin Dustman Photography
Sources
Wall Color: Writer's Ink Cup by Glidden
Crib: Jenny Lind (We found ours on Craigslist)
Bedding and Personalized Pillow: Pottery Barn
Assorted Frames: Mostly Goodwill, though a few did come from TJMaxx
Anthropologie Inspired Letter: DIY Project (Tutorial Here)
Glider & Ottomon: Bellini Brand (Another gem we scored on Craigslist though)
Nightstand: Garden Ridge
Curtain: Target
                         
Across the room is Brady's changing table and dresser.  We purchased it off of craigslist. The original plan was to paint it white to match the crib.  Yet, Brian and I discussed it and decided it was a such a great piece the way it was.  He liked the way it looked against the painted walls and I really loved the way the picture frames accented it from across the room. The beam is a special piece.  Brian took one look at my inspiration picture and said he could make one just like it. I think he did a fabulous job and I couldn't be happier with the way the changing area came out!








Sources
Changing Table: Bassett Brand ( Again we snagged it on Craigslist)
Compass Knobs: Hobby Lobby
Changing Pad & Cover: Pottery Barn
Brass Tray: Antique Shop
Lamp: Ikea
Wire Baskets: Walmart (They came with canvas inserts that I took out) 
Wooden Mantle: DIY project by the hubs
Lantern & Gum Ball Machine: Antique Store
Baseball Canvas and Teddy: These were both Brian's growing up.
No Sew DIY Flag Banner: Supplies from Hobby Lobby (Tutorial to come)
Rug: Marshalls 

To the right is Brady's reading area.  Originally I was going to purchase a spice rack or multiple long floating shelves for this area.  However, my mom gave me some awesome smaller ones so I went with what I had.  The rowboat is another great piece from Brian's childhood that I am glad we kept. Also, the green toy box was a $5 steal at a local yard sale. I painted it the vibrant green and it is storing all of Brady's one million books!  


Sources
Shelves: Handy-me-downs from Mom
Rowboat: Brian's from his childhood
Toy Chest: Yard Sale
Pillow: Target 

Not pictured is Brady's closet which is stuffed with baby gear, diapers and clothes.  I am hoping to get around to properly organizing it and posting later.  I also purchased an awesome woven basket to house all of his blankets and linens.  I am also planning on using it as a prop for his newborn pictures. 



Alright little man, your room is all ready for you to go and so are we! Can't wait to meet you soon!

Love,
Mama

No comments