Brian's Surprise 30th


I don't know anyone else that makes thirty look as good as Brian. I knew I had to do something BIG for the guy that NEVER wants anyone to make a fuss over him. After mulling it over I decide to do a city-wide scavenger hunt for the hubby. My parents did one of these for my aunt so the idea came from them. (Because Lord knows I have very few creative juices these days.) 

It literally took me six months to get everything planned out and there were STILL bumps along the way. But by the end of the night when Brian walked into his very own surprise birthday party it made everything worth it. 



The day before Brian received an anonymous letter in the mail telling him an address and time to arrive. He talked about it all day long and it made it really hard for me to keep everything a secret. His first stop was a luxury car rental where he was supposed to receive a Mercedes Benz for the weekend. However, Shanay-nay messed all the reservations up and Brian had to go on to the next secret spot without his car. Nonetheless that was my only hurdle and it ended up being a quality day despite the craziness at the starting line. 

His next few stops consisted of a haircut/shave, the shooting range, and an upscale hotel in Uptown, Charlotte for some r&r. At the hotel there was another secret letter that instructed him to go to a bar in the city. It stated that there would be a special guest waiting for him. Little did he know his older brother had driven into town! We were so thankful Erik was able to be here for his special day! Erik then treated him to drinks and gave him the last envelope that told him to meet me for dinner. 

He arrived thinking he was going to get a quiet evening with me. Little did he know all of our family and friends were waiting inside! The night was a total blast. 





A huge thank you to our best friends, Paul and Austyn. They were such a big help and the party really wouldn't have been the same without them! 


Happy dirty thirty to the love of my life and best friend! Can't wait to see what the next 30 years brings for us! 

No comments