Birthday Party Fun


I LOVE parties. Weddings, showers, ravers, whatevs. I love a good party. Planning a kid's birthday party... seriously was almost the death of me. NEVER. AGAIN. We will be planning a simple to the point soiree from here on out.  That being said, would I do this day over again? ABSOLUTELY! Having all of our favorite people in one place together was the absolute best.


I'm not really into themes for Brady so I decided to stick with a fun summer mint and navy color scheme. We were able to reserve the beach park in our neighborhood for free. It made for the PERFECT venue. 

Because of the lake atmosphere I did incorporate some summer fun decorations. The shark and crab masterpieces were the work of Brian. One of my bestie's was able to use her silhouette to personalize all of the buckets (bought at Wal-mart) for less than a buck. The buckets were filled with goldfish, shovels, water balls, and bubbles. 



Brady's cake was the same cake from his cake smash photos. It was made by Sweet Anna's Cakes. She seriously makes the best cakes and has the most reasonable prices. His bunting and glittered candle were quick DIY projects. 




All of the insanity that went into planning this party was completely worth it once I watched Brady eat his birthday cake. We sang Happy Birthday while he danced to the tune. After looking to me for approval he revved up and dove head first into the cake. That memory will be one that makes me smile for years to come! 




Happy Birthday Brady Walker! You make our lives so very rich and exciting! 

No comments