Weekend in Louisville


We made the drive to Louisville, KY a few weekends ago. I am always nervous before a big road trip and every time I am so amazed at how chill Brady is for the whole ride. For a split second it makes me want to take a cross country road trip... and then I am all like... NAH, I'm good. 


Brian's brother and his family made the move to KY a few years ago and we always look forward to seeing them. Now that we have a little one of our own it is so exciting to see the little hams kids together. The three of them together are a trip and a half. The picture above is a prefect representation of all three of their personalities. 


We headed to the zoo on Friday. The weather was awesome and the kids had a blast. I think they actually had more fun at the playground then watching the animals, but either way it was so nice to get outside and have some family fun. 


Saturday Jess and I divided and conquered. She took the boys and I got some one-on-one time with Riley. I remember when I was growing up my favorite Aunt would always make one-on-one time with us and take us out to do something special. Since we don't get to see this side of the family that often I want to be able to make those memories with my own niece. We went shopping for jewelry at Claire's and got a new dress "that spins really far out". (Girl after my own childhood heart, right there.) And... we only took one million selfies that day.



We had to head back Sunday, but not before a Boston Red Sox photo shoot. These kids were so stinkin' adorable taking photos. We made it back late on Sunday which made work kinda rough on Monday, but it was totally worth every bit of it. 



Our next trip will be next month. We will be heading to Chicago to watch my little brother graduate and then Brady and I are making a detour into St. Louis to visit a good friend of mine. Right now we are recharging our batteries and thanking God for the downtime we have the next few weekends. 

No comments