Easter Weekend


Easter is definitely my favorite holiday of all time. There is something about the Spring weather, pastel colors, and all the kiddos dressed in their Sunday best that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Though I have since moved away Charleston it will always be considered "home" for me. I was so sad to miss our home church's Easter Sunday service, but I was so excited to visit with family and spend some much needed down time. 



I had all intentions of doing a Easter basket post, but time really did get away from me. Unfortunately I ended up throwing some random goodies together to make Brady and Addy's baskets. The wonderful thing about being nine months and three years old is you couldn't care less about what is in those baskets. They were just so excited to dig in. This was such a great reminder that as parents we don't always have to go above and beyond for our children. It's the magic that is valued, not the price tag. 



Around lunch we took off to one of my favorite place, Isle of Palms beach. Brady has been to the beach before, but now that he can sit up and play it was like a whole new world. Things were going great! I was even able to lay in my chair with my eyes closed. Until... the wind happened. Poor babe got sand all in his eyes and it was game over from there. It took us about 20 minutes to get his eyes flushed clean and thankfully all was well again. 






We ended the day by heading to downtown Charleston for lunch at one of favorites, Bubba Gump's. Brady even had his first taste of shrimp and it was a huge hit! (That boy was born for the South.) We walked around and did some shopping and by the end of the day we were all spent. Even today we are still recovering, but we won't let that slow us down. Louisville, Kentucky here we come!  


Happy Easter, 2015

No comments