Bathroom Renovation Part 2



Remember this monstrosity... This, however, is a picture that was snapped after a quarter of the work was done. The only word that comes to mind when I think about this bathroom before is fugly. Yeah, I said it. Fugly! You can read all about the bathroom's progress here.


Despite the hideousness of it all I learned so much from this project. I had removed wallpaper before, but not layer upon layer upon painted layer. Also, in this picture below you can see Brian teaching me how to remove a toilet and properly dispose of the wax ring. (That is one thing I will be perfectly content never doing again.)


In the last week we put on all of our final touches. I know all the silver and white catches your eye, but there is so many more fine details that went into this project. Bathrooms are no joke and the caulking, sealing, and trim that goes into one tiny bathroom is ALOT! I have such a better appreciation for contractors after a project like this. Any-who, I love the double hooks we picked out. They are so much more functional in a small bathroom. Plus who doesn't love a cute woven basket hanging from a hook?


The vanity looks like a million bucks now that all the white beadboard and brushed nickel has been installed. This is such a big change from the features before. On my to-do list this summer is to take two or three candid photos of Brady in the bath and order them onto 8 x 10 canvases to hang over the toilet. I LOVE this inspiration bathroom here. 


And of course, the piece de resistance... Brian's amazing tile job. I am pretty sure I fell in love with him all over again once I saw the final product. The design and attention to detail still amazes me every time I walk in there. Plus, how stinking chic is that gold geo rug?!


I am going to take the next few weeks to enjoy this lovely little room. Then it's off to our next project. I'm not quite sure which I wanna tackle first: the piano to play room OR our office/guest bedroom. Whichever I choose I can hear the groans of Brian and the growls of the power drill already. 



No comments