9 Months & Favorites


He spent nine months in and now he has spent nine months out! I sometimes miss that belly bump and all of the emotions that come with the expectations of my first born. But there isn't anything quite like watching your child grow and thrive. Brian's grandmother made a comment that she wished she could get as a excited as a new baby experiencing things for the first time. I had never thought of it that way. Brady is experiencing new sights, sounds, and sometimes tastes each and every day. The shock on his face as he learns for the first is pure joy for Brian and myself. But don't worry it's not always magical over here. My kid poops and cries just as much as yours! 


Stats:
We have our next wellness visit in the next week. So for now here are some estimates:

Weight: 16 pounds
Height: 29 Inches
Teeth: 2 on the bottom and 1 more coming in on the top

Favorites:
His turtle toy
Anything edible (for being in the bottom 5th percentile this kid can sure put some food back)
Bath time
Animals of all kinds
Feeding Himself
Curious George Theme Song
Car Rides
Talking when we talk

Dislikes:
Being on his back
Diaper Changes
Anyone touching his face
When Mama tries to give him a bottle (he has to do it all by himself)





Physical therapy has been a huge success for us. Brady is finally sitting up without any help and for extended periods of time. He also has begun to roll over on his own without cues. This has been great, but unfortunately he does it mostly at night in his crib. He hates being on his back so I have to get up a couple times at night and roll him back on his belly. And for a mama that has maybe gotten up a handful of times to aid a crying baby... it sucks! But I count my blessings. The staff at our doctor's office has been amazing! 



Spring break can't get here soon enough. We have school Monday and Tuesday and then we are taking the entire fifth grade to Charleston for an overnight field trip. (Yep, we may be out of our minds.) Brady gets to ride the big kid bus there and then my sister is taking him for the next few days. It'll be his first night away from mom. Such a growny-grown! Friday is the official start of my spring break and I'll be spending it in the sun with drinks and my family! Can't really think of anything better! Until then Brady and I will hard core snuggle until one of us decides to do something productive on this lazy Saturday. 


And now for this month's favorites.




No comments