3 Weeks


Brady is a big 3 weeks as of this past Saturday.  I am pretty sure he has partied more in the last three weeks than I did my whole college career! He has already been to a minor league game, tons of luncheons, and two outdoor concerts! Such a big boy.

What we learned about Little B this week:

Likes:
His wuba-nub
Trying to hold his head up
Sleeping on his tummy
Hearing Mama's voice (This is my fav, of course.)
Bath time 
Car rides

Dislikes:
Being naked (i.e. diaper changes and getting out of the bath)
When Daddy goes to work (This may be more me than him.)
Being swaddled 


Yep, you read that milestone card right! Brady his sleeping through the night.   I have received a few messages/questions about my previous post on cluster feeding and his night time routine.  I will go ahead and say up front that I did not come up with this.  My best friend, Martha, set this routine for her little boy and he was sleeping through the night in no time; so we thought why not give it a try. 

During week 1 any and everything was game as far as sleep, diapers, and feedings went.  I wrote everything down including when he ate and how much, along with diaper changes. By the end of week 1 it was clear that Brady needed roughly 18 to 20 ounces in a 24 hour period.  So the thought was to feed him that amount from the time he woke up until his set bedtime, which at the time was roughly 10/11 pm. 

I am, for the most part, exclusively pumping so I am able to measure the amounts of his intake.  We found that for Brady breastmilk went straight through him.  Also, since it was recommended to give him vitamin D drops (as supplementation to the breastmilk) we opted to give him one big, warm formula bottle right before bed. The formula fills him up and keeps him full. Also, we don't have to add the drops to his breastmilk bottles now.  It has been great for us! On an average night we will do our bedtime routine which includes a bath, two books and a formula bottle.  We lay him in his crib around 10/10:30 pm and he stays asleep until about 5 am, sometimes later. As he grows we are hoping to make bedtime earlier and wake time later. 

Just for the record I am no professional, but this has worked really well for us! I have dubbed it the Martha Rhinehart Method in honor of the genius mama who came up with it. Hope this has answered some questions, but feel free to message me if you have more. 

Happy Tuesday! 


Brady, we still can't believe you are here sometimes. How fast you are growing! We love you so very much and hope that you continue to grow and thrive as you have done thus far. We are already so proud of you and can't wait to see how God uses you as you grow. 

No comments