1 Month Update and Favorites



Baby Brady is a big 1 month old!
I seriously cannot believe a month has passed. Brady, we are absolutely amazed at how much you learn in such short periods of time. You are trying to roll over and even hold your bottle. Both of which make me want to cry because I just want you to stay little forever. However, no one likes a mama's boy (well, except for mamas), so I stop myself from stopping you. Keep learning baby! 



Likes:
Making lots of facial expressions (even smiling)
Bath time and head massages
Sleeping
Watching Mama and Daddy feed him
Getting kisses from Guinness and Molly
Going for walks in his stroller
Burping and Hiccuping are new
The pool: He loves to listen to the waterfall

Dislikes:
Diaper changes
Being Hungry
The end of bath time
Being on his back

These faces.... I die Every. Single. Time.







Many of my favorite family bloggers have been seen using collages to talk about items that they or their kids love. I am using a new program on the Mac and thought this would give me some good practice. I will eventually make a page for all of these, but for now I will keep them on each monthly post. 

The following are items that we have used a ton with Brady or myself within the first month of him being home. 



1. Wubbanub: We didn't really have a preference on paci or no paci. We did, however, receive two of these as shower gifts and kept them on hand just in case. I brought this one to the hospital and Brady has used it ever since. The animal makes it easy for him to hold onto and we love to use it as a little head prop in the car seat since he can't support his neck yet. 

2. Lansinoh Therapy Packs: I bought these on a whim at Target and there was no turning back.  If someone tries to tell you breastfeeding shouldn't or doesn't hurt in the first few days/weeks they are liars! Espeically for first time moms it takes  a few  multiple sessions to toughin' up.  With these breast therapy packs you can freeze or heat them and throw them in your bra. AH-Mazing. 

3. Organic Mittens: I never quite understood why parents used these until the first time Brady scratched his face.  These definitely help keep their face protected from those sharp baby nails. 

4. Boppy Lounger: We love this type of lounger.  It is perfect for Brady to sit up and watch his surroundings during those alert periods. We received this one off of our Pottery Barn registry, but you can find it on amazon as well. 

5. Johnson's Bedtime Lotion: I love the smell of this stuff.  We use it every night as part of our bedtime routine. 

6. Gap Onesies: These are so soft and comfy.  Especially with the hot summer months its nice to throw these on to beat the heat.  Right now you can get these on sale with an extra 40% off. 

7. Kirkland Wipes: We received every brand of diaper and wipes at our showers. Despite me thinking wipe quality didn't matter, I quickly discovered it does.  These wipes don't tear when you pull them out and I don't feel like they are soaking wet either.  They are so soft and have a great scent to them. 

8. Nature Valley Oatmeal Bar: Breastfeeding mamas know oatmeal is a great way to get your supply up.  I love these because they are quick and easy with us on the go so much. Plus they have tons of flavors to choose from. 



2 comments

  1. Love that collage idea!! What program is it?? Also.. where were the Lansinoh Therapy Packs when I first had my babies?!? Those sound AMAZING for the beginning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is called Picasa. It's free and has a ton of editing options that I'm still learning. And yes those packs are awesome!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete