Sharing the News

This sweet baby came as no surprise. We have been together for six years and now that both of our careers were up and running we felt that we were finally ready to add something special to our already wonderful relationship. 

I had my IUD (best form of birth control EVER) taken out mid August. By the end of September I was looking at two pink lines! I was fully prepared to be patient and wait for our miracle, yet the Lord had other plans. It seemed that even though we discussed and planned and prepared it was still a surprise in a way. I couldn't wait to start sharing then news with family and friends... oh and my baby daddy.

I knew I wanted to do something special to tell Brian. I didn't want to do anything too big or flashy with the fear of potentially losing this little one and then having it be even harder to deal. At the same time I didn't want to just throw a pee stick at him and say, "congrats!". 

I ended up getting a packaging box and filling it with pink and blue balloons and confetti. Thankfully when I arrived home from work we had a few boxes on the porch that had been delivered earlier that day.  I quickly peeled the label off one of them and glued into onto my box.  When Brian got back home I told him he had a package waiting for him. 

As he opened the box, the look on his way face was one of confusion. He replied by telling me that we must have gotten someone else's package because he had no clue what this box was.  Finally, I had to spell it out. "WE ARE HAVING A BABY!" The look on his face was absolutely perfect.  

Sadly, this is the only photo that I took.  I was so excited and caught up in the moment that I didn't think to click a few more.  Despite my lack of photography skills, the moment was absolutely perfect.  Brian's reaction truly made my heart overflow with love for this child and for our marriage. 

Here's to our lives being forever changed! 


No comments