Mother's Day


Our first official Mother's Day was wonderful. My parents made their way up from Charleston on Friday night. Between working all day and their trip we crashed. Saturday we got up super early and hit up some of the community yard sales. I snagged a few deals. Later I made brunch that included ice coffee and 'mom-osas'. I have decided that brunch is my new favorite meal. I think it is mostly because of the donuts and mason jars, but who knows. 



We spent most of the day hanging at the pool and then that night headed into the small town of Belmont for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, The String Bean. It was prom night for a nearby high school. It was so nostalgic watching all of the kids (OMG is that what I am calling them now!) in their formal wear taking pictures. It made me think about my own days in high school and how far away that time in my life is now. Time really does fly when you are having fun. 



Though I have a whole new understanding of what it really means to be a mom I am still so very grateful for my own mother and the sacrifices she has made over the years.  Thank you, Mom, for all the life lessons and examples that you have set. 

No comments